Tips for a successful photo- shoot in your home:
- Prepare a space with plenty of natural light.
- Keep the room warm. Kick off the air or fans about 30 minutes before I arrive.
- Before I arrive, keep baby awake for 30 minutes – an hour if possible.
- Once I arrive, and during set up, go ahead a feed or nurse baby until full
- Keep baby undressed, in a loose fitting diaper, and swaddled in your favorite blanket.
- If family members are joining in the photographs solid color outfits work best. Most resort to a solid black or white top.
- I find baby is more relaxed for photos and will sleep longer if extra family, siblings, and pets are not present during the time we spend photographing. When I am ready to incorporate others into the session I will let you know. *If for any reason this is uncomfortable for a family member they are welcome to sit quietly in the same room. I do ask that family members remain comfortably seated on the opposite side of the room, and allow me to quiet and sooth baby on my own.